Thursday, August 19, 2010

Change of plans...

Jeremiah 29:11 says,  For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. This scripture recounts God's promise that He had a plan for Judah after their 70 year exile in Babylon.

 

We all know that God has a plan and a plan for our lives. I had a life plan. I was given certain skills and abilities from God which allowed me to have a successful business career. And MY plan was to retire on my 62nd birthday. I made this plan when I was still living in New York and was thinking ahead to what my future would look like.

 

Well, this past Sunday, August 15th, I turned 62. But God's plan obviously trumped my plan.

 

Instead of saying goodbye on August 15th, 2010 to my job in the business world, and goodbye to my business associates as I had planned so many years ago, I began, on my planned retirement day, a "new" career. I was giving a sermon at the HRCC Lexington campus. It was our first "practice service" with me as a campus pastor, my new career. Isn't that interesting? So much for my plan!

 

Change of plans? I'll say! Sunday, standing there, delivering a sermon on my planned "retirement day" and officially starting a new assignment was the best birthday I have ever had.

 

This was God's birthday present to me. Thank you God.

 

I love God's plans! (and His birthday present to me)

 

In Christ,

 

Mike

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment